Faith & Trust in God
I as a mere human say that I have faith and I do trust in the Lord my God: Jesus Christ, but do I really mean it? Usually as soon as a problem comes we falter, we fall, we loose faith, we loose trust, we loose hope. Why do we end up loosing all and loose ourselves? Some say if you have the will-power all is possible: agreed; but it comes only through faith. As humans we need some example to follow and they have to be like us, HUMANS.
If we read the Bible, we find some but still they are in the Bible so they have to be special, then I realized that they were normal but they became special through FAITH. If we look in the book of Ruth, we see that there is a moabite women named Ruth. For background Ruth 1:1-4 Long ago, in the days before Israel had a king, there was a famine in the land. So a man named Elimelech, who belonged to the clan of Ephrath and who lived in Bethlehem in Judah, went with his wife Naomi and their two sons Mahlon and Chilion to live for a while in the country of Moab. While they were living there, Elimelech died, and Naomi was left alone with her two sons, who married Moabite women, Orpah and Ruth. She was married to an Israeli man and after ten years her husband died for reasons unspecified. In Biblical times girls were married at a very young age. Girls were usually engaged by the age of around 10-12 and by the time they are married; they are around 14-16, which means that during the time when her husband died, Ruth would have been around 24-26 which ïs when a girl is married off in our present generation. So now Ruth was a widow when girls of our current generation, either finish their M.B.A or prepare to get married. She had all her life ahead, she didn't have children with her to take care of. Now Naomi decided to go back to her people in Judah in Bethlehem. So Naomi out of love and concern for her daughter-in-laws asked them to go back to their house and start a new life. Orpah kissed her mother-in-law good-bye and went back home. But Ruth did not go but she said something beautiful which we read in Ruth 1:16 “Don't ask me to leave you! Let me go with you. Wherever you go, I will go; wherever you live, I will live. Your people will be my people, and your God will be my God." She blindly trusted in God she did not know, she never heard of; with a faith that she would be taken care by God. Further we read that she went to Israel got married with the blessings of Naomi to a righteous and a wealthy man, Boaz.
If we compare our faith with that of Ruth, we have faith because we believe and hence we are called 'Believers' and our faith is only a normal faith that Yes, Jesus is God and to be precise my God. Our faith is normal smaller than a mustard seed. We have faith and yes we do. We have to think logically before taking decisions. We inspect all the four sides and if possible above and below. We have faith but still it feels better and satisfactory only after we feel right. As humans we have reasoning and logical thinking by which we feel we can plan better, like Orpah we plan, reason, think and if possible look for surety, guarantee and security. We think about future like Orpah. We have alot of people around the globe who have migrated from different places trusting the Lord and almost all are successful (Note: By successful I don't mean to be Bill Gates rather earning their daily bread) but Ruth had faith even when not knowing God or his wonders being a moabite.
We see how Ruth was after putting her faith and her trust in God, after marriage she gave birth to a son who was named Obed whose son was Jesse and whose son was David who was later known as King David. So she became the great grandmother of David and his descendent was Jesus which we read in Mathew 1. Just a simple trust in the Lord gave her the honor of her great grandchildren to be David and Jesus.
I think its only a matter of our faith that gives rise to our trust and belief that "He will provide". But if I'm to define a basic definition of faith and trust according to my experience and understanding; I would define it as a sense or feeling wherein you have a complete confidence in God. Like for E.g. I'm currently suffering from a sickness called Multiple Sclerosis and I can't walk on my own, I have to take support from someone to walk. So I currently have to keep faith in the person holding me that he won't let me fall, but more in God that he won't let both of us fall. Kindoff it's like a child being tossed in the air. If the person is known to the child, the child would laugh with joy everytime the child is tossed in the air E.g. if that person is his own father or brother or any known relative. But if the same child is tossed by a person new or unknown to him, he would only scream at the top of his voice. E.g. if the person is a new friend of his father or a distant relative.
So if I consider myself in that condition i.e that of the child. I am currently being tossed in the air (which is my current sickness). Then there is a probability of only two reactions:
The reactions would be only based on how known is God to me and how much faith do I have in him?
I'm pretty sure with total faith that he will catch me. He won't let me fall. All I have to do is to have patience and keep my complete faith and trust in God and not be twitchy while in air.
If we read the Bible, we find some but still they are in the Bible so they have to be special, then I realized that they were normal but they became special through FAITH. If we look in the book of Ruth, we see that there is a moabite women named Ruth. For background Ruth 1:1-4 Long ago, in the days before Israel had a king, there was a famine in the land. So a man named Elimelech, who belonged to the clan of Ephrath and who lived in Bethlehem in Judah, went with his wife Naomi and their two sons Mahlon and Chilion to live for a while in the country of Moab. While they were living there, Elimelech died, and Naomi was left alone with her two sons, who married Moabite women, Orpah and Ruth. She was married to an Israeli man and after ten years her husband died for reasons unspecified. In Biblical times girls were married at a very young age. Girls were usually engaged by the age of around 10-12 and by the time they are married; they are around 14-16, which means that during the time when her husband died, Ruth would have been around 24-26 which ïs when a girl is married off in our present generation. So now Ruth was a widow when girls of our current generation, either finish their M.B.A or prepare to get married. She had all her life ahead, she didn't have children with her to take care of. Now Naomi decided to go back to her people in Judah in Bethlehem. So Naomi out of love and concern for her daughter-in-laws asked them to go back to their house and start a new life. Orpah kissed her mother-in-law good-bye and went back home. But Ruth did not go but she said something beautiful which we read in Ruth 1:16 “Don't ask me to leave you! Let me go with you. Wherever you go, I will go; wherever you live, I will live. Your people will be my people, and your God will be my God." She blindly trusted in God she did not know, she never heard of; with a faith that she would be taken care by God. Further we read that she went to Israel got married with the blessings of Naomi to a righteous and a wealthy man, Boaz.
If we compare our faith with that of Ruth, we have faith because we believe and hence we are called 'Believers' and our faith is only a normal faith that Yes, Jesus is God and to be precise my God. Our faith is normal smaller than a mustard seed. We have faith and yes we do. We have to think logically before taking decisions. We inspect all the four sides and if possible above and below. We have faith but still it feels better and satisfactory only after we feel right. As humans we have reasoning and logical thinking by which we feel we can plan better, like Orpah we plan, reason, think and if possible look for surety, guarantee and security. We think about future like Orpah. We have alot of people around the globe who have migrated from different places trusting the Lord and almost all are successful (Note: By successful I don't mean to be Bill Gates rather earning their daily bread) but Ruth had faith even when not knowing God or his wonders being a moabite.
We see how Ruth was after putting her faith and her trust in God, after marriage she gave birth to a son who was named Obed whose son was Jesse and whose son was David who was later known as King David. So she became the great grandmother of David and his descendent was Jesus which we read in Mathew 1. Just a simple trust in the Lord gave her the honor of her great grandchildren to be David and Jesus.
I think its only a matter of our faith that gives rise to our trust and belief that "He will provide". But if I'm to define a basic definition of faith and trust according to my experience and understanding; I would define it as a sense or feeling wherein you have a complete confidence in God. Like for E.g. I'm currently suffering from a sickness called Multiple Sclerosis and I can't walk on my own, I have to take support from someone to walk. So I currently have to keep faith in the person holding me that he won't let me fall, but more in God that he won't let both of us fall. Kindoff it's like a child being tossed in the air. If the person is known to the child, the child would laugh with joy everytime the child is tossed in the air E.g. if that person is his own father or brother or any known relative. But if the same child is tossed by a person new or unknown to him, he would only scream at the top of his voice. E.g. if the person is a new friend of his father or a distant relative.
So if I consider myself in that condition i.e that of the child. I am currently being tossed in the air (which is my current sickness). Then there is a probability of only two reactions:
- I will laugh with joy
- I will cry out loud
The reactions would be only based on how known is God to me and how much faith do I have in him?
I'm pretty sure with total faith that he will catch me. He won't let me fall. All I have to do is to have patience and keep my complete faith and trust in God and not be twitchy while in air.
Comments
Post a Comment