Are we FIGHTING

GOD WANTS ALL OF US TO BE SAINTS.
A few days back I was inspired to read the life story of St Dominic Savio from Wikipedia and yes it was a beautiful life story. Dominic received his first holy communion at the age of seven.
It was noted by his mentors "Whenever Dominic talked of the day of his First Communion, he said with joy:"
"That was the happiest and most wonderful day of my life". He even made some promises which he wrote in his diary.
Resolutions made by me, Dominic Savio, in the year 1849, on the day of my First Communion, at the age of seven.
1. I will go to Confession often, and as frequently to Holy Communion as my confessor allows.  2. I wish to sanctify the Sundays and festivals in a special manner. 3. My friends shall be Jesus and Mary.  4. Death rather than sin.
Around six months after Dominic had come to the Oratory, he had the occasion to listen to a talk on sainthood. John Bosco records that the talk had three main points that impressed Dhominic:
1. That it is God's will that each one should become a saint. 2. That it is easy to become a saint. 3. That there is a great reward waiting in heaven for those who try to become saints.
On learning that his first name meant "belonging to God", his desire to be a saint intensified.
After reading this I thought to myself that it was a bit easier then as in those days there was no movies, mobile, whatsapp, facebook or internet. I think people never had infatuated love like having girlfriends or boyfriends etc or any other corrupt, unethical non family values that we hear in the news today like live-in relationships or abortions before marriage or such kind of things.  In now a days such a beautiful experience of that time is not felt neither we think of taking any resolutions to strictly follow. Then again I was inspired to go some centuries back and read the life of St Augustine.
Now after reading I was in a great confusion. St Augustine was born in year 351 AD like almost 2 millennium before us, At the age of 17 he converted from Christianity to Manichaean religion. At the age of 19 he began to have an affair with a young woman, thought his mother wanted him to marry someone of his class.(The usual issue in Indian Society) He still carried the relationship for 15 years, and he even had a son named Adeodatus, the main part is that he was not married to her i.e a live-in-relation we call now days. He ended his relationship with his lover in order to prepare himself to marry a ten-year-old heiress. He had to wait for two years because the legal age of marriage was twelve. So he went for another concubine since he had to wait two years until his fiancée came of age.(WOW, Is there anything left now???) I had to recheck what time of the century I was reading as I was like, all this happens now in our current time. This scene is happening during the 3rd century.
So now I was left blank as sometime back I had commented that there was no things like phone, internet etc so they could live pure lives. But now I was shown a contrary event. But Augustine reformed and became a priest then a bishop and now a saint. So now I was shown two lives and was told that if you live a holy life, you can be a saint or a life drowned in sin you can be a saint if you desire and are determined to be one. But there has to be a way to keep the determination. In the life story of St Dominic I noted that he would make sure to daily spend time in prayer, before the blessed sacrament and even St Augustine after his conversion was noted as "In the end he who ate sparingly, worked tirelessly, despised gossip, shunned the temptations of the flesh, and exercised prudence in the financial stewardship of his see."
So now we too can if we want to follow the life of saints we too should invest time in prayer. But we all have a busy schedule that we don't have time for personal prayer, Yes we may have family prayer, but still no personal prayer. I got two shortcuts to it, both of which I also use. 1. Recite only the ' Hail Mary and Holy Mary' without counting. 2. Recite the holy name of 'Jesus' which is given by God, is the word, the greatest word we can ever say. For both, we don't need to count, we can say it anytime, anywhere. We can always praise God continuously, just thanking God. In this way we too will have our personal prayer and with it we can drive away all the evil around us, get close to God, have his powerful protection around us, our workplace where we recite our prayers.
Let us then grow this habit of personal prayer in our lives, which will indirectly lead us to our promised goal, to be with the company of all the saints, in the presence of Jesus enjoying the eternal life in Heaven. Remember that "*Every SAINT has a PAAT, and every SINNER has a FUTURE". It's in what way we choose.

Comments

  1. Great efforts for leading common people to god's way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praise God
      Thank you very much for your lovely reply

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts